A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cherry Picking

Cherry pie or cherry crisp is probable one of the best things around if made with pie cherries, sorry not the ones you buy at the store, home grown and picked with love!!!!!

Growing up we had cherry trees and having those in the freezer to just pull out was taken for granted.  For the last few years I have kept my eye on who has a tree, and are they going to use them?  Well Last year I had just had Addison so no energy, but this year down the street and around the corner from us is a pie cherry tree. When I saw they were ready to pick and no one was picking them, I went a knocking. For three days I knocked morning and evening, no answer???  Then on sunday going to church I saw cars in there driveway.  They had been out of town.

They said I could have a the cherries I wanted (because they were sour to them)they are pie cherries but good for me....wooo hooo!!!!

We picked three Ice cream buckets and I really need to go finish picking the tree, cause the rest are ripe and will be gone in another day or so, but I'm so happy to have cherries in the freezer to use for the year till I can pick again. 










































I though this little girl was going to give a sour face when she tried the cherries, but she loved them and wanted more...go figure!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment