A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ready for High Chair............

  Today was exciting and sad.  My Baby is growing.  Can I slow her down a bit?  Whenever I'm doing something in the kitchen, I put Addison in her car seat so she can be close and watch me.  She started lifting her head up to see what was going on even more.  I decided that was a good sign that she was ready for the highchair.  So, I pulled it out and  put it together.  We put her in it and she loved it.  She could see and there was a tray of toys right in front of her.  What more could she want, except for me holding her, nothing.  Then we decided to try cereal.  It wasn't to bad.  She didn't spit it all out, but did give a, "what is this mom", face!!!!  We tried it again today, and I think she is going to like it.  We hope she doesn't change her mind.  I'm going to list some things I don't want to forget.

At the end of 4 months (almost 5)
  • Addison loves me to sing to her.  At church when the organ starts playing and I and everyone starts singing, so does she.  It is the cutest thing.  Grandma, she's going to be a singer!!!!
  • Whenever Addie puts her hands by my mouth I start kissing them.  Now she is starting to put touch my face and it's like she wants me to kiss them.  
  • After she eats and burbs, we have a chat for about 10-15 minutes.  She really talks to me and we sing too.  I feel so good happy and love having such a interactive baby.  
  • She kicks and waves her arms when she's happy...especially in the morning when she wakes up and when I take her diaper off. 
  • She knows  when I walk into the room and then when I lean over the crib to talk to her or say good morning (I say good morning whenever she wakes up from sleeping), she smiles and wiggles cause she's so happy to see me.
  • She grabs her toys and they go straight to her mouth, of course, then she tries to move them around in the air.  (it is so fun to see how she develops...how she is trying to get her brain and motor skills together)
  • Addison is recognizing her name.  When I address her she looks up and it's as if she knows I'm talking to her. 
  • She is really following sounds.  She will turn in the direction they come from.
  • This baby goes to bed between 6:30 and 7pm and wakes up between 6 and 6:30am and then goes back to bed until 8:30 or so.  She has two, 2 hr naps, 10am and 2pm. We've had this schedule for over a month now. She is a good little sleeper because she has a persistent momma. 
I can't imagine not being a mom.  It brings the greatest joys already and she's only 5 months.  I love her so much and she has the cutest kissable checks ever
















    .

    2 comments:

    1. Isn't it crazy how fast time goes once you have a kid?! WAY to fast if you ask me!! She is too cute and can't believe all the things she does.

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a good mommy you are! Addie is adorable. Katie doesn't get much tummy time either with her crazy big brothers around. Hey, we need to have another girl day.

      ReplyDelete