A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Monday, February 14, 2011

7 MonThs

We're Seven months!!!!  

Well first of all mommy thinks this baby is growing up way to fast. Although it is so fun to watch Addison develop and grow, its a bitter sweet feeling....I guess that's what motherhood is all about !!!! Pretty soon she's going to be walking then what are we going to do??  So I'm going to live in the moment and share what we've been up to  

  • She loves her food.  She drinks a bottle in the morning when she wakes up and then sometimes around 4pm, but she is eating big girl food.  I make her homemade rice and oatmeal cereal, she loves everything i give her...peaches, pears, pumpkin, green beans... (next year I'm going to have to can more of everything)  
  • Addison loves finger foods.  Most of it ends up on her cloths or the floor; learning is so fun!!! She is starting to pick it up and put it in her mouth rather than play with it.  It is so fun to watch. 
  • Whenever I am drinking out of a water bottle, she gets really excited because she knows I am going to give her a drink.  We started using a sippy cup and she loves it.  She can't quite hold it and drink it at the same time but we'll get there.  
  • She's a pro at sitting and bath time is great fun.  Mommy gets her bath as well.  She sure loves to splash!!!  Now that she wants to sit all the time, we really need to work on crawling or army crawling.  She rolls over, but still doesn't like her tummy....practice, practice, practice!!! 
  • She loves noses.  In the morning after I feed her, we go and wake up daddy.  She sits by him and plays with her toys,  and daddy's nose of course.  
  • Addison gives me hugs a lot of the time by touching her face to mine, head to cheek or forehead.  She likes to be really close and tries to get to close and mommy gets a bonk.  
  • She's not  a mommy's girl yet but I can see it coming.  We have a friend at church that will take her when mommy needs to use the bathroom or needs a short break, 11:30 church hits into both naps, but half way through RS she notices I'm not the one holding her.  
  • We sing together, she sits on the counter right next to me when I'm needing to use both hands, we laugh, she loves to play with her toys and play peak-a-boo...
 She is the greatest joy!!! 





 
































































































































Notice the eyes!!!!  I was grinding rice for her cereal and got some really good alligator tears, but then I gave her peaches and a cracker and she was a happy camper....with red eyes of course. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it sad how quickly they grow up? Although I will tell you that every phase is wonderful. Addison just keeps getting cuter and cuter. But tell her to stop growing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooo cute!! Love all the pictures. I have the opposite problem with Aubrey, she army crawls but isn't interested in sitting. It's hard because I try to practice with her and she just goes right to her belly and is on the move. The picture of her in the sink, she looks like a doll NO JOKE! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete