A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

We're SITTING!!!!

On Sunday I was thinking that Maybe Addison was ready to learn how to sit.  She has been balancing on my lap with me steadying her a bit, so I decided to see what would happen...

On Monday, just following our normal routine, wake up, eat cereal and fruit, play on the floor and practice our rolling.....then I thought, "lets sit her up and see how wobbly she is".  A little to the right, then backwards, oh wait then flat on the face.  I caught her before she really hit.  Then came the cry, "MOMMY I NEED A BREAK."  I rocked her for a bit, she gave me loves, then I put her down for a nap.  We kept trying to sit all day.  She wasn't quite able to sit by herself for more than 30 seconds.  Tuesday she was getting better, Wednesday I thought we had it, but I needed another day to make sure....THURSDAY perhaps?????? 

THURSDAY...AND I think we have it.  She can sit, all by herself, for quite a while.  When I say a while probable 5-10 minutes without falling over. I wrap a blanket in a horseshoe around her so that when she takes a tumble, she hits something soft. I was doing laundry this morning and left her in her room playing with her toys, I popped in and out making sure she was okay, but she was still sitting....(it was so cute and it made mommy a little sad knowing that her baby girl is growing so fast).  

Oh I forgot to mention that we introduced the sippy cup this week too and she loves it....Mommy still has to hold it for her to get anything out of it, but she's trying.  

I think every little girl needs the experience of sitting in the sink to have her hair done.  It's so fun and they come to like it.  Well we started that this week so that by the time she's at the terrible two stage she won't fight me on getting her hair done. (I had this epiphany through all the years of watching my little motto girls and how they loved sitting in the sink when I did their hair...good job auntie)  It has really been a fun exciting week!!!!



MONDAY



































TUESDAY


























WEDNESDAY






















THURSDAY



























































2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Addie!!! I've never thought of sitting a baby in the sink to get her hair done... SMART! I'll have to try that with Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is seriously the cutest little thing ever. its crazy! i love all the updated pictures! what a beautiful baby you have linds!!

    ReplyDelete