A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Random Thoughts I had Today!!!

Allen wasn't feeling good last night, and then when he woke up this morning, he still wasn't.  We think he has another kidney stone brewing.  He was grouchy, and I guess I would be too, so we didn't have our normal morning routine. We lay in bed, Addison plays with her toys, and we just catch up on what's happening for the day.  I made his lunch and then Addison and I went out to work in the garden.  He left and didn't say anything.  We're not mad at each other, but I guess we're having an unspoken tiff.    (a common woman thing to do, can we get rid of some of these hormones...ha ha) When this happens I tend to reflect on what inspires me to be and do better.  I think, "how can I change me for the better" 

Here are some random thoughts I had this morning while taking it out on the weeds!!!!

I was brushing up on a book the other day, remember reading this quote, and it really hit home...AGAIN!!

"If we are to develop an intimate relationship, we need to know each others desires.  If we wish to love each other, we need to know what the other person wants."
                                                                                                           -Gary Chapman

I remind myself often that President Hinckley always said, "repetition is a law of learning".  Work, dedication,  and sacrifice will never fail you!!!  That's what this life is really about, we will make mistakes, but it's what you do after that...do you learn from them or do you do them again...that is the question!!

I always thought that if you know better, then you do better.  As I watched Oprah this last season, her 25th...the only one I've ever watched, I guess this was her saying too, so she can have to credit since I thought it and shaped my actions around it, but didn't voice it.  Ha Ha!!!  

My parents were really good at teaching us kids to, "worry about ourselves".  I've taken that a step further to not being hypocritical.  I get mad inside that Allen doesn't hang his work shirts up or put his pants back in the drawer, or other stupid little things, but then I don't do it sometimes either, so I can't get mad at him!!!  

We can't work on everything at once or we just get overwhelmed and nothing changes.  Choose the one that enables you to help the others seem easier.

1 comment:

  1. Good inspiration! I will definitely keep this in mind!

    ReplyDelete