A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back in the Day!!!!

Whenever I start to feel fall in the air, which is normally right around September, memories flood back of my college days.  The crisp air, liking school because you're not to far into the semester (not much has happened yet), photography, cooking, and having to go to Spanish class (even though I speak spanish, I didn't like this part of the schedule!!!)  I miss it (college) only until someone says they have a big test to study for or have a lot of homework.  I don't miss that one bit!!!! 

I graduated in Business, but I have an associates in culinary arts, and photography.....spanish didn't quite make it.   I was just looking at some of my photo's and decided I needed to start seriously practicing again.


I love Black and White Photography.  This is one of my all-time favorites.  I took this my last semester.






































Here are a few more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






























I designed this, pretty cool huh......

I love sunsets, and I have quite a few, but this one sticks out to me because of the lighting. 
















As for the cooking part of things, I have a lot of recipes that I can share, and will when I have a bit more time to type them out, but this is one of my favorites............














Pork:
2-1 LB Pork Tenderloins
2 Lg. Cloves of Garlic
1 Med. Onion
24oz Zesty Italian Dressing (I substituted this into the recipe so it wouldn't take as much time...i make my own sauce)
3 C. Water    (add chopped tomato and some peppers if desired)

*This recipe works better in the Crock Pot

Cut the garlic lengthwise and onion into big pieces. Place pork and dressing in a bad with the chopped onions and garlic. Marinate over night or as long as possible. Place Marinated pork and liquid in Crock pot and cook on low 5-6 hours.  When done, cut pork or shred.  
Rice:
2 14oz can Beef Broth
2 10oz can Beef Consomme
2 c. Long grain white rice

Preheat oven to 350. Combine broth and consomme, then rice in an oven safe container with a lid. Bake 45 minutes or until rice is light and fluffy.\

Place a scoop of rice on plate, place pork atop, drizzle with sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know those things about you, your associates and what not. Love the pictures! I need to take a class or two and learn more about getting off Auto mode. And if I cooked I would totally try your recipe, My man does the cooking, I bake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool and your pictures are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete