A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recipes to Try.....Califlower Pasta

I might not post a new recipe every week but that's the goal.  I love trying different recipes or creating my own spin on things.  This pasta is so yummy, I eat it for lunch quite often.  Don't let the Cauliflower scare you off!!!! It's a really healthy but yummy meal.  Just typing this out I want to go make it!!!! Try it and let me know.

Spicy Cauliflower Pasta

12 oz linguine (any pasta will work)
1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped (about 3 cups)
2Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, (more if needed)
2-3 cloves garlic, diced
1 fresno chili, finely chopped
2-3 Tbs. Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 c. Pasta water (reserve some of the water from cooking the pasta)
Parmesan cheese (I sprinkle it on till I have the amount I want, about 1/2 c.)
Grilled Chicken Breast (optional) for the men mostly


Cook pasta as directed and steam cauliflower until tender. While the pasta  and cauliflower are cooking heat the oil and saute the garlic and chili.  Stir in the bread crumbs and turn the heat down to med-low.  Mix in the cauliflower and add the pasta.  Only add enough pasta water to mix everything together so it's not dry.  Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the pasta...at this point you may need to add a bit more pasta water so that everything mixes together smoothly. 

If I'm making this for both Allen and I , I make the chicken, if it it's just myself, I usually omit it...

Grill up a few chicken breasts, thinnly slice, and place it atop the pasta.

2 comments:

  1. I used to do the Try it Tuesday post a couple years ago! I saw the idea on a friend's blog too. I love your recipes... keep 'em coming! Thanks for coming to see me yesterday and putting up with my crazy kiddos in the minivan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful! I'm going to try it this week! Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete