A FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER.....STAYS TOGETHER!!!!!

I'VE heard this saying but never thought it would become the family THEME...... The "PLAY" part definitely takes precedence. We love ALLEN!!!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Recipes to Try.....Craisin Granola















Oh my... this granola recipe is the best. It's great for snacking on in the afternoon or cereal in the morning.  I always get hungry at this time so I need something that is going to be fast but good for me. This recipe appears to be high in fat, but it's the GOOD fat and none of the bad fats. Your body needs healthy fat and lots of it - they even help you lose weight! Also, when you're eating WHOLE FOODS exclusively, you don't really have to count calories.
I love it so much and I love it even more when I make it and my house smells heavenly!!!!!!

Craisin Granola

4 cups  rolled oats
1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped even more
1/2 cup coconut (add a little more if you really like coconut)
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1 cup craisins
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Mix this all together in a bowl and set aside.  Next combine

1/2 cup olive oil
3/4 cup honey

1tsp. almond extract (you can use vanilla)
1tsp. cinnamon
You may have to warm this up just a but so it's easier to stir together with the oat mixture.


Preheat oven to 200 degrees . Add liquid mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well coated. Spread on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1-2 hours. Take out and stir around the hour mark and then as needed. Cool. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment